101 things about me

Friday 30 March 2012

Accepting the inevitable...

To cheat or not to cheat... THAT is the question...

It's over a week now since I have posted - and this from someone who was going to blog on a daily basis this year. It's my first major slip up... and though I could list many things that got in the way, I'm not much of a fan of excuses, admission of guilt is somehow easier. And inevitable.

Having said that, I am going to share with you what I have been up to and give you a quick round-up, of my life since last week...

I have been busy with school. I have had regular Tuesday night classes for the last 4 weeks which have been fantastic. Some of it confronting, a lot of it challenging, and all of it confirmation that this is right. I may not know the destination at this point, but I do know that I am on the right path.

I had last Friday and Monday off and spent nearly the entirety on art and study. It was a really good chance to re-visit some of the theories and practices we have covered so far, and a chance to ponder and reflect. I also managed to finish one of the major parts of the first module which I was happy with, though I have yet to complete a 2000 and a 1000 word essay in the next few weeks. No time to take a break.

Last Friday night I had a friend come and stay and it was lovely to see her. She came straight from work and we went out for dinner, did the final artwork for her upcoming wedding, went out to brekkie the next morning, and spent time hanging out in the city for a few hours, just browsing the shops and sitting by the river with a drink. All the while chatting without break. About all the important things, work, family, weddings, love, loss and grief, clothes and internet dating... Pretty much everything! So so nice to catch up.

I have seen 3 movies, all of which I would recommend - The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, My Week with Marilyn and The Artist.

Wow - what a line up. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel was a delight to watch - full of colour and spirit, and a great cast to boot. An extraordinary adventure into the exotic.

My week with Marilyn was a moody and beautifully shot insight into another era and beautiful to watch. Both Michelle Williams and Eddie Redmayne were fantastic.

The Artist was an unexpected surprise. Despite it's awards, it was not top of my viewing list, but due to an expiring ticket, I took the chance. Wow. It was really really good. I Loved it. Totally connected with the characters and was captured from beginning to end.

I have been on bookdepository.com and ordered a few books which will add to my pile of reading, as I have realised very early that my reading will have to increase if I am to even survive, let alone thrive, in this course. The TV is not getting much of a showing, apart from maybe a couple of faves, but none of this gazing blankly at the screen when the viewing is of no real interest.

Last Sunday I was invited to a family dinner to farewell my cousin's daughter who is off to India for 3 months of volunteer work. Such exciting times. And so nice to be a part of it and hang out with the young people of my family. They are such great company and full of energy and character.

Work has been ok. Quiet on a few days which has allowed me to catch up on some additional reading and internet surfing/googling. And this morning, my blog. If it lasts for a few hours I may even add in some posts for the last few days.... just to fill a few of the gaps.

I'm feeling good today. It's a Friday, the sky is a bright autumnal blue and I am looking forward to a busy weekend.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Busy girl!!!

Enjoy that sunshine and have a great weekend!

trash said...

I think you may have done more in the last week than I will manage in a year!

So glad to hear the studying is the right thing.

Nicky said...

Sounds like some fab times from your recap! It's hard posting daily - definitely don't beat yourself up! So glad school is going so well for you - it's a wonderful feeling to know something feels right, even if the destination remains unknown! Very calming…...