101 things about me

Monday 19 March 2012

Like Crazy...

Yesterday I went and saw this movie, and whilst I would probably agree with my friend who thought it was a bit slow, I still really liked it.

It was about a couple who meet while she is in the USA on a student visa and (of course) fall in love. The match, seemingly made in heaven, is made more complicated when she overstays her visa.

It's an insight into long distance relationships, lives complicated by distance and bureaucracy, and for me was pretty on the button.

It was a long time ago that I was in the early stages of a similar relationship (though not quite so restricted by the authorities), and I recognised a lot of the situations and connected with a lot of the emotions and frustrations.

It's worth a look. Don't expect a tearjerker or a chick flick romance, and it's not essential cinema big screen viewing, but take a look sometime.

I'm not selling it so well here, but I liked it, and I think it's worth a look.

No comments: