101 things about me

Tuesday 7 August 2007

The BIG FOUR OHHHHH looms...

It is 12 weeks today until my birthday. I mention this because it has been on my mind for a while now and this year I plan to celebrate, because this year, IT'S A BIGGIE!!! This October, I reach the monumental BIG FOUR OHHHHH. Not just 40 people. This is THE BIG FOUR OHHHHH.

I can't quite believe I am waving good-bye to my thirties already. Whatever happened to the last 10 years I'd like to know? I still feel like I am 28!

I LOVE birthdays. They are a celebratory day where most people leave you in peace, to your own pleasures, and do not intrude with serious matters ... you can generally get away with most things on that one day of the year... A few too many drinks - the biggest piece of birthday cake ...A nice sleep in ...A non-attendance at the gym. Most things are allowed or at least forgiven.

So. How does one celebrate something so momentous? I had spoken for years of rafting down the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon. More recently I had considered swimming with whale sharks off the coast of Western Australia. I would have loved a trip to London to visit old friends. I was even invited to another 40th birthday party - in France!

Had money not been an issue, any of these things may have been possible. Of course if money wasn't an issue, I would be somewhere else right now anyway!

So this is where I am right now - wanting to celebrate but not quite sure what to do? 12 weeks sounds like a long time away, but there are plans to make. Any ideas?

2 comments:

JustRun said...

So that's how it always goes, huh? I'm somewhere around 12 or so weeks from 28 and I still feel 20. I never stops feeling that way, does it?

I think you ought to live it up, not so much for the 4-0 but because why the heck shouldn't you?

Jacinta said...

Justrun - 28 was such a great age. If I could go back, 28 would be the age I would choose.

My advice: Once you get to 28 in 12 weeks time, stay there! Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, or before you know it you will be edging on 40 just like me!

*Party definitely required. Thanks for saying hi!