101 things about me

Tuesday 15 May 2007

Stepping outside the comfort zone...


Last year I set myself a challenge to step outside the comfort zone and do some different things. Live life a little more fully. Push the boundaries.

I did a lot of things that I never expected to do, or thought I could do. I swam with dolphins, I learned to dance, I dated on the internet (where I met Malcolm), I even jumped from a plane. It not only made my year more interesting, it made me realise I am capable of so much more than I believed. It was exciting and terrifying, and hilarious. It was pretty crazy at times. It was an amazing year.

It lifted my confidence and made me realise my own happiness is in my own hands. There is a part of me that still can't believe I actually allowed myself to fall out of a plane at over 10,000 feet. But it's true. I did. I even have the pictures to prove it. How relaxed do I look?

Feel free to add some things that have seen you stepping outside your comfort zone... you never know, it might give me some new ideas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Outside the comfort zone is a very stimulating place to be.
Be stimulated as often as possible.
For a white knuckle flyer you sure look as if you are enjoying yourself!